Monday, March 31, 2014

Weekday Devotional with William Barclay - The All-Important Spirit

Daily Devotions with William Barclay
365 Meditations on the Heart of the New Testament
 
The All-Important Spirit
 
Scripture:  John 6:59-65

Reflection:
 
Many people will say the Christian Journey is too hard.  What is so hard about surrendering to Jesus Christ and accepting HIS teachings of eternal life?

Why do we believe what is morally right is the will of God?  Could this be a reason why many will give up on the Christian Journey?
 
The Spirit of God gives us life and the flesh gives us death.  So why don't we value the Spirit in us more than we do?
 
Prayer: Loving God, open my eyes to what is important in life.  Help me on my journey so I can truly learn to surrender what I believe and accept you will. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.