Thursday, April 3, 2014

Weekday Devotional with William Barclay - The Happy Company

Daily Devotions with William Barclay
365 Meditations on the Heart of the New Testament

The Happy Company
 
Scripture:  Luke 5:33-35

Reflection:
    Too often we live by religious rule instead of the joy God gives us through Jesus Christ.  The religious routine of Jesus' day was to fast on Mondays and Thursdays and whiten their faces so people will know they were fasting in addition to prayer two or three times a day: morning, evening and even noon. Why did some people have a problem with Jesus and his disciples around these religious tradition? 
A wedding is a joyful celebration, list some characteristics of a wedding.  How different is this joyful celebration from our Christian life?
 
Why didn't the people recognized Jesus as the bridegroom and his disciples as his guests?

 
Prayer: The Great I AM, thank you for the joy deep in my soul.  I praise you from the bottom of my heart.  May you see in my heart and my life my devotion to you.  May my life be a celebration to you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.