Thursday, May 30, 2013

Weekday Devotional - Week 15 Hope (Day 4) - Keep Your Eyes on Hope

The Daily Devotional comes from the Common English Bible (The Daily Companion).   This is a 52 week 5 day a week daily devotional.


Keep Your Eyes on Hope

Scripture Reading: Matthew 14:22-36; Hebrews 6:9-19

Reflection:
Peter's first reaction was hope that Jesus was really out there on the water.  What does that say about the hope within him?

Why did he start to sink?

How do distractions take our minds off of Jesus and our eyes off of the hope we have in him?

How is hope a firm and secure anchor for your soul?


Prayer:  Lord, call me to walk on the water with you.  Secure my hope firmly in my heart that I may avoid doubt, distraction, and despair.  Be an anchor for my soul.  Amen.

Post reflection notes below for discussion

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.