Monday, February 11, 2013

Rev. Lettie is back to blogging again!

Greetings All,

I have been away from blogging and daily discussion far too long, and now I'm back in the groove of things.  First let me start by saying Happy New Year to each of you and welcome to the Lenten Season.  The Lenten Season starts on Wednesday, February 13, Lent is a time of waiting, preparing, reflection, and self-examination during the 40 days before Easter.  Many of you will sacrifice or fast from something during these 40 days excluding Sunday.  

When you prepare for Lent, truly let this be a true sacrifice, something that is your true weakness.  (i.e. overindulgence of sweets, excessive internet use, constant television watching, constant negative attitude and excessive social media).  

With that said, my commitment is beyond Lent but starting on Ash Wednesday, I will work on my attitude and tone with people who offend me.  It's really easy for me to cut people off, chew them up and spit them out, because of the way they treated me.  In the meantime, I will be apart of a covenant group that will also serve as my accountability group, counseling session and conscience when I'm having one of those let me cuss you out day.  Yes, I said cuss, but not curse.  There's a difference!

Now you know what I'm doing for Lent, hit me up to let me know what you are doing!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.