Thursday, February 14, 2013

Weekday Devotional - Week 1: Reading the Bible (Day 4) - Getting the Most out of Bible Study

The Daily Devotional comes from the Common English Bible (The Daily Companion).   This is a 52 week 5 day a week daily devotional.

Get the Most out of Bible Study

Scripture Reading: 2 Kings 22:1-23:25

Reflection:
List some adjectives that describe how King Josiah might have felt after discovering the sacred texts?

What did you do in response to hearing the scriptures for the first time?

What in your life needs to be cleans out in order to live according the the scriptures?

Prayer:  Lord, thank you for the grace that give me a chance to start over when I have lost touch with you.  I know you haven't gone anywhere, but I turned away.  Help me ground myself in regular Bible reading and stay close to your Word. Amen.

Post reflection notes below for discussion

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.