Thursday, January 9, 2014

Weekday Devotional - Week 47 Thankfulness (Day 4) - Thankful for Tough Times

The Daily Devotional comes from the Common English Bible (The Daily Companion).   
This is a 52 week 5 day a week daily devotional.
 
Thankful for Tough Times
 
Scripture Reading: Psalm 42; Philippians 4:4-9

Reflection:
 
 
How does the psalmist always come back to thankfulness?
 
What does Philippians 4:4-9 say about giving thanks in tough times?

When have you craved God like a deer craving water?

Prayer: God I get depressed and lose sight of all that you've done for me.  Trials come, I get knocked off guard, and before I know it, I'm lost, thirsty and headed toward hopelessness.  But you meet me where I am.  Fill me with hope in hard times and keep me ever mindful of who you are and all you've done.  I'm thankful for your grace, mercy and steadfast love even when I can't find words to express my thanks.   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.