Thursday, January 16, 2014

Weekday Devotional - Week 48 Self Denial (Day 4) - Self-Denial and Giving Up

The Daily Devotional comes from the Common English Bible (The Daily Companion).   
This is a 52 week 5 day a week daily devotional.
 
Self-Denial and Giving Up
 
Scripture Reading: Luke 18:18-30

Reflection:
 
 
How does the rich man's response compare with Peter's?  

How did Jesus call the rich man to practice self-denial?

What keeps you from fully following Jesus?

How can you deny your old ways and make more room for Jesus?
 
Prayer:  Lord, I want to think that I would sell everything I have and give it to the poor.  I want to believe that I could deny myself the worldly, material things I've grown accustomed to.  Help me keep a safe distance from my attachment to the world.  Help me regularly say no to my desires and seek yours instead.    Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.