Friday, January 17, 2014

Weekday Devotional - Week 48 Self Denial (Day 5) - Learning from the Master

The Daily Devotional comes from the Common English Bible (The Daily Companion).   
This is a 52 week 5 day a week daily devotional.
 
Learning from the Master
 
Scripture Reading: Matthew 26:36-46

Reflection:
 
 
What practices helped Jesus in his act of self-denial?  

Whom would you want around you when you face a dark trial?

How can we learn to say, "Let it be what you want" in our prayer?

How can you deny your old ways and make more room for Jesus?
 
Prayer:  God, I'm humbled by Jesus' selfless act of love.  He gave himself even to death to prove your love for me.  Help me give myself completely to you.  Help me say, "Let it be what you want"  no matter what you ask of me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.