Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Weekday Devotional with William Barclay Day 2 - The Herald of the King

Daily Devotions with William Barclay
365 Meditations on the Heart of the New Testament

The Herald of the King

Scripture:  Mark 1:5-8

Reflection:

In what ways John the Baptist was different from the people of  his day?

Why did the message of repentance make such an impact upon the nation?

In this passage, the untying of a person sandals is for the servant to do.  So, why does John believe he is not fit to untie, loosen or remove the sandals from Jesus' feet?  

Write a list of the things that have made you humble?



Prayer:   Lord, I am reminded daily that being different in life shows that I don't have to be in the status quo of life, in the very important circle and my name as a headliner to serve you.  Convict me when I'm not humble, when I'm always pointing to me and not to you.  Let the message you have given me make an impact on those around me so they would want to humble themselves before you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.