Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Weekday Devotional - Week 22 Truth (Day 3) - Speaking the Truth

The Daily Devotional comes from the Common English Bible (The Daily Companion).   This is a 52 week 5 day a week daily devotional.

Speaking the Truth

Scripture Reading: Exodus 20:16; Proverbs 12; Ephesians 4:1-25

Reflection:

What do the Proverbs and Ephesians passages say about telling the truth?

Why is speaking the truth so important?

What does it mean to speak the truth in love?  How can you do this?

Prayer: Lord, I'm embarrassed to admit that too often I'm caught up in lies before I even know what happened.  Sometimes I'm too weak or timid to tell the truth.  Other times I justify lying to save my reputation.  Help me speak the truth in love.  Help me bring the truth into the light and not keep anger or conflict hidden in darkness.  Shine your light and show me the freedom I have when I live a truthful life. Amen.

Post reflection notes below for discussion

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.