Thursday, December 5, 2013

Weekday Devotional - Week 42 Moderation (Day 4) - Excess

The Daily Devotional comes from the Common English Bible (The Daily Companion).   
This is a 52 week 5 day a week daily devotional.
 
Excess
 
Scripture Reading: 1 Corinthians 6:12-20; Philippians 3:1-21

Reflection:


What does it mean that not everything is helpful?
 
How do we know what is helpful and what isn't?
 
How does moderation help us honor God with our bodies?

Where do you have excess in your life now?

Prayer: Lord, I deceive myself into thinking that since I have the freedom to do something, I should take advantage of that freedom.  Help me seek you in all things and not just my own desires.  Help me serve you with my body by keeping it healthy and whole. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.