Monday, December 9, 2013

Weekday Devotional - Week 43 Purpose-Driven (Day 1) - Training with Purpose

The Daily Devotional comes from the Common English Bible (The Daily Companion).   
This is a 52 week 5 day a week daily devotional.
 
Training with Purpose
 
Scripture Reading: 1 Corinthians 9:24-27; 1 Timothy 4:7-16

Reflection:


How do the scriptures for today encourage discipline?
 
In what areas of your life do you need more discipline?
 
When have you been disciplined and achieved a goal?  How can that experience help you in spiritual discipline?
 
Prayer: God, help me rain myself for a holy life.  Give me focus , discipline, and purpose as I seek to become more and more like Christ, to take on his likeness.  Help me practice living for Christ while I actually live for him.   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.