Monday, December 30, 2013

Weekday Devotional - Week 46 Choices (Day 1) - Choosing to Spend Wisely

The Daily Devotional comes from the Common English Bible (The Daily Companion).   
This is a 52 week 5 day a week daily devotional.
 
Choosing to Spend Wisely
 
Scripture Reading: Luke 12:13-34

Reflection:


What does Jesus mean by the parable about the rich man building bigger barns?
 
What choices did he have to make concerning his money?
 
Did he choose wisely?

How does Jesus instruct us to make choices about the way we use our financial resources?
 
Prayer:  Lord, help me not to hoard my blessings but to make wise choices and choose generosity.  I worry about money, clothes, food and all manner of material things.  Sometimes I choose to worry instead of choosing joy.  Teach me, Lord, to place my treasure in heaven. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.