Friday, December 6, 2013

Weekday Devotional - Week 42 Moderation (Day 5) - Good Friends

The Daily Devotional comes from the Common English Bible (The Daily Companion).   
This is a 52 week 5 day a week daily devotional.
 
Good Friends
 
Scripture Reading: Proverbs 23:19-21; 2 Peter 1:3-11

Reflection:


Why does it matter the kind of friends you hang around the most?
 
How can friends hinder our attempt at moderation?
 
What does a life godliness look like?

Good friends ought to be honest and hold us accountable too.
 
Prayer: Lord, I know I thrive when I'm surrounded by people who encourage my growth in discipleship.  I know it in my mind, but I have a hard time ending friendships that hinder my walk with you.  Help me discern who my good friends are who will cheer me on to moral excellence and self-control.  And when it's time to end a friendship, give me courage to make that choice.  Thank you for all the good things in this world.  Help me take in only as much of them as I need. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.