Friday, November 1, 2013

Weekday Devotional - Week 37 Generosity (Day 5) - Generous Works

The Daily Devotional comes from the Common English Bible (The Daily Companion).   
This is a 52 week 5 day a week daily devotional.

Generous Love

Scripture Reading: 1 Timothy 6:17-19; Matthew 6:19-21

Reflection:


Write 1 Timothy 6:17-19 in your own words.  What do you understand these verses to mean?

What does Jesus say about the things we should treasure?


How does the perspective in these two passages free us for generosity?


Prayer: Lord, I confess I get stuff and then keep it to myself.  I operate out of scarcity and fear that if I lose something, I might never get it back.  Help me be generous in everything I do.  Free me fro my tightfistedness and lead me to a generous heart. Amen.

Post reflection notes below for discussion

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.