Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Weekday Devotional - Week 40 Purity (Day 2) - Pure Lives

The Daily Devotional comes from the Common English Bible (The Daily Companion).   
This is a 52 week 5 day a week daily devotional.
 
Pure Lives
 
Scripture Reading: Ephesians 4:17-5:16

Reflection:


How have you seen sexual immorality, greed, or vulgar and obscene talk creep into a person's life when things become gods?

How does Paul's description of a pure life compare to the life you're living now?  Where do you need to seek purity?

Prayer: Lord, I often let things become gods in my life. I've been greedy, lustful, and have taken my mind off of you.  I've used my mouth to speak vulgarity instead of praise.  Forgive me.  Purify my heart.  Make me pleasing to you, and be happy by my purity. Amen.

Post reflection notes below for discussion

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.