Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Weekday Devotional - Week 38 Gratitude (Day 3) - For All God Has Done

The Daily Devotional comes from the Common English Bible (The Daily Companion).   
This is a 52 week 5 day a week daily devotional.

For All God Has Done

Scripture Reading: Deuteronomy 8:1-20

Reflection:


What does God ask of the people as they prosper?

Why did God allow times of scarcity?

When have you deceived yourself into thinking that your strength or ability produced prosperity?

Prayer: Gracious God, you led the Israelites on an amazing journey.  Sometimes they remained focused on your vision for them and sometimes they got distracted.  I'm just like them.  I settle in to my blessings and begin to think I made them with my own hands.  But you're the source of all I have.  Humble me.  Remind me of all you've done.  You have been so good to me.  Amen.

Post reflection notes below for discussion

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.