Friday, November 8, 2013

Weekday Devotional - Week 38 Gratitude (Day 5) - Gratitude In Any Situation

The Daily Devotional comes from the Common English Bible (The Daily Companion).   
This is a 52 week 5 day a week daily devotional.

Gratitude in Any Situation

Scripture Reading: Philippians 4:10-13; Hebrews 13:5-6; 1 Timothy 6:3-10

Reflection:


What is the secret of contentment?
 
How are contentment and gratitude connected?

What is your level of contentment?

How can gratitude help you find deeper contentment?

Prayer: Lord, I struggle so much with contentment.  I want things I don't need and have things I don't want.  I get caught up in pursuing wealth simply so I can fill my life with material things.  But true contentment isn't about money at all.  Everything I need is in you.  Help me strive only toward your kingdom and to set aside my desire for more stuff.  Be my strength and rest.  Amen.

Post reflection notes below for discussion

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.