Thursday, November 28, 2013

Weekday Devotional - Week 41 God's Promises (Day 4) - Promise of Joy in the Morning

The Daily Devotional comes from the Common English Bible (The Daily Companion).   
This is a 52 week 5 day a week daily devotional.
 
Promise of Joy in the Morning
 
Scripture Reading: Psalms 30, 34:17-20

Reflection:


What did the psalmist do when consumed with despair?
 
What was God's faithful response?
 
Do you seek God or hide from God when challenges come?

What promise from these passages encourages you in troubling times?

Prayer: God, I praise you that your turn my mourning into dancing, that your joy comes in the morning.  I often lose sight of your goodness when I'm in a valley of despair.  I forget your goodness and faithfulness.  But you're always good.  You're always faithful.  Help me live in your promise and find the joy you bring each day. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.