Thursday, November 14, 2013

Weekday Devotional - Week 39 Forgiveness (Day 4) - Forgiveness in the Church

The Daily Devotional comes from the Common English Bible (The Daily Companion).   
This is a 52 week 5 day a week daily devotional.
 
Forgiveness in the Church
 
Scripture Reading: Hebrews 12:14-15; 2 Corinthians 2:5-11; 1 Peter 3:8-12

Reflection:


Have you ever seen a "root of bitterness" grow in a community?  What happened?
 
When have you seen a community make forgiveness a core value?

What does it feel like to bless someone who wrongs you?

Prayer: Lord, forgiveness doesn't come easy for me, even in church.  I let roots of bitterness grow; sometimes I even nurture them.  Forgive me when I choose bitterness over forgiveness.  Give me courage and grace to bless those who offend me.  Amen.

Post reflection notes below for discussion

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.