Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Weekday Devotional - Week 38 Gratitude (Day 2) - Deeper Gratitude

The Daily Devotional comes from the Common English Bible (The Daily Companion).   
This is a 52 week 5 day a week daily devotional.

Deeper Gratitude

Scripture Reading: Luke 7:26-50

Reflection:


Why was the Pharisee upset about the woman's behavior?
 
How did Jesus set him straight?

Who did Jesus say loved him more? Why?

How do you show Jesus how grateful you are for his forgiveness and new life?

Prayer: Lord, I don't demonstrate gratitude for all you've done as much as I want to.  Inside, I feel like the woman who washed your feet with her tears of gratitude.  But I don't live to show you my gratitude.  Sometimes I even hold my nose in the air like the Pharisee as if I deserve anything you give me.  Thank you that no matter the depth of my sin, you find me, save me, and love me into a new life.  Amen.

Post reflection notes below for discussion

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.