Thursday, October 3, 2013

Weekday Devotional - Week 33 Leadership (Day 4) - Delegating Leadership

The Daily Devotional comes from the Common English Bible (The Daily Companion).   
This is a 52 week 5 day a week daily devotional.

Delegating Leadership

Scripture Reading: Exodus 18:7-27; Deuteronomy 1:9-18

Reflection:


What was Jethro's advice to Moses?

What are some criteria for choosing good leaders, as listed in the scripture?
 

Do you naturally delegate tasks to others, or do you prefer to do everything alone?

 What lessons do you learn about delegating from Moses?

Prayer: Lord, I'm amazed at the way scripture speaks so clearly to current day situation.  I can get overwhelmed with all I have to do.  I deceived myself into thinking that I'm the only one who can accomplish everything.  I don't even look up to see that there might be others who can share the load.  Help me learn that delegating is OK.  Remind me that you're God over all of my to-do lists.  Amen.

Post reflection notes below for discussion

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.