Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Weekday Devotional - Week 36 Humility (Day 2) - Humble Recognition

The Daily Devotional comes from the Common English Bible (The Daily Companion).   
This is a 52 week 5 day a week daily devotional.

  Humble Recognition

Scripture Reading: Luke 14:7-24

Reflection:


Who demonstrated pride in Jesus' story?

How did Jesus say to demonstrate humility?
 

How do Jesus' instructions on humility apply to your life today?

Prayer: Lord, I confess that I want to be the special one.  Sometimes I don't even care who I step on to get there.  But you call me to take the lowest place and to give without expecting anything in return.  Lord, give me the kind of humility that would throw a party for the forgotten and unseen and not seek anything in return.  Amen.

Post reflection notes below for discussion

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.