Monday, October 21, 2013

Weekday Devotional - Week 36 Humility (Day 1) - Like a Child

The Daily Devotional comes from the Common English Bible (The Daily Companion).   
This is a 52 week 5 day a week daily devotional.

  Like a Child

Scripture Reading: Matthew 18:1-5, 11:25-30

Reflection:


What does it mean to humble yourself like a child?

Why would Jesus make that requirement to enter the kingdom of heaven?
 

Why does Jesus say we gain when we become like children?

How have you experienced the breath of God bringing you back to life?

Prayer: Lord, I forget what it's like to have the humble, trusting heart of a child.  I grew up and lost my innocent trust in you.  I began to think that I can handle life on my own, that I don't need you.  Sometimes I deceive myself into thinking my piety can get me higher status with you, that you might pick me to be your favorite.  But you call me to humble myself before you and become like a trusting child.  Make me like a child before you. Amen.

Post reflection notes below for discussion

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.