Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Weekday Devotional - Week 34 Priorities (Day 2) - Justice is God's Priority

The Daily Devotional comes from the Common English Bible (The Daily Companion).   
This is a 52 week 5 day a week daily devotional.

Justice is God's Priority

Scripture Reading: Mark 12:28-34; Amos 5:11-15, 21-24

Reflection:


Why did God hate and reject Israel's festivals?

What does God call for instead of empty praise?
 

How do you live out the command to love your neighbor as yourself?

Prayer: God, I'm called to love you with my whole heart, being and mind.  You call me to love my neighbors even as I love myself.  Sometimes I want to praise you when I've disregarded justice for my neighbors.  Help me see justice-seeking as living out my love for my neighbors.  Make your priorities my priorities, Lord.  Amen.

Post reflection notes below for discussion

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.