Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Weekday Devotional - Week 34 Priorties (Day 3) - True Devotion is Action

The Daily Devotional comes from the Common English Bible (The Daily Companion).   
This is a 52 week 5 day a week daily devotional.

  True Devotion is Action

Scripture Reading: James 1:19-27

Reflection:


What are the results of doing God's will?

What does true devotion to God look like?
 

Why is true devotion connected to our care of widows and orphans?

What instructions listed here can you act on immediately?

Prayer: Lord, I'm way too quick to speak and too slow to listen.  I get angry and lose sight of who you called me to be.  I forget what it looks like to follow you, Lord.  Please give me true devotion.  Help me control my tongue and stand faultless before you.  Show me how to care for widows, orphans and the most vulnerable in the world.  I know it matters to you; it matters to me too. Amen.

Post reflection notes below for discussion

No comments:

Post a Comment

All degrading, disrespecting and dehumanizing comments will be removed.